phpMyAdmin offers a feature that allows a user to perform basic database optimization without the need for any special knowledge or skills.
Sometimes this optimization can make significant improvements to the speed of the database, and other times it may not make any difference. The result depends on the particular database.
1. Login to the cPanel account that owns the database
2. Click on the phpMyAdmin icon
3. Click the database name from the sidebar in the left
4. At the bottom of the list of tables click the checkbox next to "Check All"
5. To the right of that check box look for the dropdown menu and select "Optimize Table"
This can also be done via phpMyAdmin in WHM at:
Home »SQL Services >> phpMyAdmin