The cPanel installation fails and provides output similar to the following.
[2023-06-27 21:42:38 +0200]  (FATAL): The background process “EA4 Install” failed with a fatal error: The subprocess reported error number 127 when it ended.
2023-06-27 21:42:38 44  ( INFO): cPanel is here to help! Our Technical Support team is just a click away at https://support.cpanel.net/ or you can contact Customer Service via email firstname.lastname@example.org
2023-06-27 21:42:38 128  (FATAL): The system failed to run the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/cpanel_initial_install script.
The cPanel installer will fail if it cannot create the
is_ea4 touch file or create or update the
EA4.repo file. When this occurs, the files must be created manually, and the repo file must be manually updated.
- Access the server's command line as the 'root' user via SSH or "Terminal" in WHM.
- Create the
/etc/yum.repos.d/EA4.repoin your preferred text editor.
- Ensure that the file contains the following.
name=EA4 ( EasyApache 4 - c$releasever )
- Run the following command to restart the
- Once the script finishes running, run the following command.
- Verify that all of cPanel's core packages have been installed.
- Run the
upcpscript to verify that there are no further issues with the installation.