For a server that does not have a large amount of MySQL disk usage, phpMyAdmin can be used to backup all databases. This has the added benefit of the database backup being downloaded off the server. To begin do the following:
- 1. Log in to WHM as the root user.
- 2. Navigate to SQL Services > phpMyAdmin.
- 3. Decide on the database(s) you want to backup.
- A. Click on the individual databases that you want to backup.
- B. To back up all databases select nothing.
- 4. Click on the Export button.
MySQL system tables will not be backed up this way, so selecting the mysql database in phpMyAdmin and then choosing Export will allow for generating a backup.
phpMyAdmin also has the ability to export in numerous other formats with many customizations. The default settings should always work to generate an uncompressed backup with the
- 5. Ensure that in the Format section SQL is selected.
- 6. Click Go.