Downgrade your license
You can use the Downgrade option in the cPanel store account to downgrade a license. The license will be scheduled to downgrade when billing is run on the 1st of the month. The credit card saved in the account will be billed for the new license during billing.
Note: The information in this article is not applicable to cPanel Partners. cPanel Partners should contact Customer Service directly to inquire about license downgrades.
- Log in to your cPanel Store account.
- Click on Manage Licenses in the top menu.
- Click the arrow to the right of the license and select Downgrade.
- In the Downgrade License box, click the arrow and select the preferred license.
- Click Save Changes.
- A message will be received. "We added the item to the cart."
- Click cart in the above message to go to the cart.
- Click Review and Checkout.
- Agree to License Terms and Conditions.
- Click Purchase Now.
What happens to the accounts on the server when I downgrade?
If you do not decrease the number of cPanel accounts on your server prior to downgrading, the license will not work properly until you do. We recommend removing any cPanel accounts that you do not plan to use before downgrading to avoid any licensing issues.
What if I want to upgrade the license in the future?
This process can only be used for downgrades, not upgrades. See the article How do I upgrade my cPanel/WHM license?