In order to transfer an existing license to a new IP address, you will need to update the license IP address in the cPanel Store and update the license file on your server.
Update license IP address
- Log in to your cPanel Store account
- Click "Manage Licenses" in the top menu.
- Locate the license IP address you wish to transfer.
- Click the arrow under Actions and select "Edit IP."
- Enter the new IP address.
- Click "Save Changes."
Update license file
The IP change will take effect immediately. You will need to update the license file on the server by running the following command via SSH as the root user:
Note: The information in this article does not apply to cPanel Partners. cPanel Partners should contact Customer Service directly to inquire about license conversions.