How do I obtain a Trial License for cPanel/WHM?
A trial license can be obtained through the cPanel store using the following steps:
- Install cPanel/WHM on your new server, an installation guide on doing so can be found here.
- Log into WHM, you will receive an alert that a license is needed and you will be prompted to log into your cPanel Store account.
- If you have a store account, log in to continue the process
- If you do not have a store account, please create one here.
- Please note that being redirected to the cPanel Store only works on servers running cPanel & WHM version 90+. For servers running cPanel & WHM versions 88 or less, please contact our Customer Service team.
- A prompt will appear about activating your trial license
- If you are redirected to a checkout screen for purchasing a full cPanel license, this means that your server previously had a Trial License and is not eligible for another one.
- Once the activation has been completed, the following command can be run to update the license on your server:
License history is accessible on cPanel & WHM License Verification.