After logging into cPanel, navigate to the Email accounts section (cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Email Accounts). Once there click on the "Check Email" button next the the account that you wish to view. This takes you to the email configuration screen where you can customize many aspects of your email such as setting up auto-responders, email filters, or choosing your webmail client. Click Open once you have chosen the client that you would like to use (By default this will be set to Roundcube). Now you should be in the webmail interface where you can view or send email. This method does not require the email password to be accessed.
Articles in this section
- How to Manually Clear Out Email Messages from the Trash for All Accounts
- How to safely empty out a Mailman archive
- How to use Amazon SES as a Smarthost
- How to enable Delivery Status Notifications (DSN) for Roundcube
- Checklist for Emails going to Spam
- How to use MailChannels as a Smarthost
- How to configure Exim to set the Sender header.
- cPanel's SpamAssassin users' guide
- How to enable Dovecot's Debug log options.
- How to block spam/email by subject for the entire server