After logging into cPanel, navigate to the Email accounts section (cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Email Accounts). Once there click on the "Check Email" button next the the account that you wish to view. This takes you to the email configuration screen where you can customize many aspects of your email such as setting up auto-responders, email filters, or choosing your webmail client. Click Open once you have chosen the client that you would like to use (By default this will be set to Roundcube). Now you should be in the webmail interface where you can view or send email. This method does not require the email password to be accessed.
Articles in this section
- How to verify DKIM records are working
- How to send email from a dedicated IP address
- How to How to prevent direct access to mail subdomain
- How to verify RDNS works
- How to diagnose "550 5.1.1 User doesn't exist" with forwarder
- How to debug PHPMailer if you see "SMTP Error: Could not authenticate."
- Improving Email Deliverability
- Access your email
- How to find email headers
- How to use SendGrid as a Smarthost