After logging into cPanel, navigate to the Email accounts section (cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Email Accounts). Once there click on the "Check Email" button next the the account that you wish to view. This takes you to the email configuration screen where you can customize many aspects of your email such as setting up auto-responders, email filters, or choosing your webmail client. Click Open once you have chosen the client that you would like to use (By default this will be set to Roundcube). Now you should be in the webmail interface where you can view or send email. This method does not require the email password to be accessed.
Articles in this section
- How-To Fix A Corrupted RoundCube SQLite Database
- How to determine what servers are responsible for a delay in email delivery
- Clear Exim Retry DB to bypass "retry time not reached" after fixing an issue with delivery
- Checking email headers to verify the authenticity of a message
- How-to configure the catchall email address
- Restrict emails based on message size
- How to restrict access to SMTP
- Cannot Send Mail from Google Cloud Server
- How to change your default webmail client.
- How to automatically load your inbox when logging into webmail