You may determine that it is necessary to restore the Dovecot configuration to the default configuration used in cPanel & WHM. Customizations to Dovecot are made utilizing the Dovecot "main.local" template file.
- Access the server's command line as the 'root' user via SSH or the "Terminal" application in WHM.
- Create a directory in which the current Dovecot configuration will be stored.
- Move the configuration file to the storage location with the following command.
mv /var/cpanel/templates/dovecot/main.local /root/backupconfig/
- Rebuild the Dovecot configuration using the following command.
- Restart the Dovecot service using the following command.