Can I create a Database Node using Server Profiles?
Read the following articles regarding Server Profiles in general and the use of the Profile and link nodes interfaces:
In regards to using a Database Node, please observe the following warning:
This profile is experimental, and we do not recommend it for production environments. For more information about the development status for experimental profiles, read our Server Profiles Roadmap documentation.
To create a Database node, you can either install a fresh copy of WHM/cPanel on a server. Or use an existing WHM/cPanel server that contains accounts.
1. Log into WHM as 'root'.
2. Navigate to the following page:
WHM: Home -> Server Configuration -> Server Profile
3. Select the database toggle, and observe the warning.
4. Click 'continue' and go to the next page.
5. Review changes, and click 'Set Profile' at the bottom.
That's it using the WHM interface.
To convert your WHM/cPanel server to a Database Node, you can also use WHM API calls. These steps use the command-line:
2. Review the documentation page for 'start_profile_activation' API call.
3. Run the following command and see the output:
# whmapi1 start_profile_activation code=DATABASENODE
That's it using the command-line.