PasswordAuthentication determines your ability to authenticate with a password via SSH. By default, password authentication is enabled in SSH. However, if password authentication was disabled, this procedure will show you how to enable password authentication.
1. Connect to your server via SSH as the root user, or use WHM >> Terminal.
2. Open the file /etc/ssh/sshd_config using any command-line text editor you prefer (vi, vim, nano, etc.).
3. Search for a line starting with the following:
4. To disable password authentication in SSH, set this option to no.
To enable password authentication, set this option to yes.
5. Restart SSH to load the change by running the following script: