When enabling mod_userdir protection in WHM (WHM >> Security Center >> Apache mod_userdir Tweak), you may run into the following error.
Detected mod_ruid2 in use.
Using both mod_userdir and mod_ruid2 is not a supported configuration.
Changes were not saved.
How can this be resolved?
mod_ruid2 with mod_userdir is not a supported configuration as suggested by this error notification. You will want to disable mod_ruid2 and enable mod_suexec in its place.
1) Navigate to EasyApache 4 in WHM.
2) Customize your current profile.
3) Navigate to "Apache Modules" and tick "mod_ruid2" off.
4) Search for mod_suexec and enable it.
5) Select "Review" on the left-hand side and provision the new Apache build.