Why is the PHP open_basedir Tweak feature missing?
The PHP open_basedir Tweak feature was removed from cPanel 76 and above when EasyApache 4 is in use. This is documented in our release notes:
The method for configuring the open_basedir configuration changed in EasyApache4 and is now done through the MultiPHP INI Editor Mode. You can do this with the following steps:
- Login to WHM as the root user
- Navigate to: Home »Software »MultiPHP INI Editor
- Click on the Editor Mode tab
- Select the Version of PHP you would like to edit
- Find the open_basedir configuration and enter your desired value
- Click the blue save button
NOTE: The PHP open_basedir Tweak feature provided a method for editing this configuration per-domain. cPanel and WHM no longer offer a user interface feature for editing this option on a per-domain basis.