PHP Selector offers similar functionalities to cPanel's native MultiPHP Manager for Cloudlinux environments and can be used in conjunction with MutliPHP Manager.
PHP Selector sits on top of CageFS, and allows the end-user to select different PHP versions as well as PHP modules that a user wants to use. It also requires the installation of LVE Manager.
PHP Selector is compatible with CGI, suPHP & mod_fcgid and incompatible with DSP/mod_php, mod_ruid2, MPM ITK, and PHP-FPM.
Naturally, when trying to install PHP Selector you must have all this information in mind.
First, verify that Cloudlinux has been installed and activated on the server by running these commands:
Please visit these links in case you need more information on how to purchase and install Cloudlinux:
How to install CloudLinux with a license purchased from the cPanel Store
After making sure that CL is installed you need to make sure that all of the following requirements are met before being able to install PHP Selector:
The main requirements:
- CageFS is installed here
- Mod_suexec is installed. You can find installation instruction here
- CageFS is initialized without errors here
- CageFS is enabled for a domain user-owner
- An appropriate PHP handler is selected for PHP version which is system version. PHP Selector is compatible with the following technologies: suPHP, mod_fcgid, CGI (suexec), LiteSpeed. See also Compatibility Matrix.
- PHP version in the CloudLinux PHP selector does not equal to the Native PHP version
The installation of PHP Selector presumes that you already have CageFS & LVE Manager installed. After making sure that these requirements are installed you can follow these steps:
Installation of different versions of PHP & modules:
yum groupinstall alt-php
Update CageFS & LVE Manager with support for PHP Alternatives:
yum update cagefs lvemanager
After that, you should be able to visit this page for a detailed description of how to configure PHP Selector on your Cloudlinux server, known compatibility issues, and other platform-specific information: