When you are transferring accounts using the WHM Transfer Tool, you need to make sure that the following settings are changed. By default reseller permissions are not transferred to prevent the movement of reseller with overly permissive permissions in place for security reasons.
From the destination server:
- WHM >> Transfers >> Transfer Tool
- Insert the source server and password or select the ssh key to be used.
- Do NOT select restrictive transfer, this will prevent reseller permissions from being transferrable no matter if you select the checkbox or not.
- Select the user and then to the right select transfer configuration (default button with a gear)
- What to Transfer? will have the following items
Home Directory — Transfer the account’s home directory.Note:
When you transfer the home directory, the system checks whether it can run the
rsynccommand. If the system does not find an error, it will rsync the home directory when the system completes the transfer.
Reseller Privileges — Retain the account’s reseller privileges.
Databases — Transfer the account’s databases.
Bandwidth Data — Transfer the account’s bandwidth data.
- Make sure to select Reseller Privileges
For more information about the transfer tool, please refer to the link below.