Does cPanel back up all accounts to a local mount/dir, then start uploading the backups to the destination source?
cPanel backups upload until all backups have uploaded successfully. The backups progress in several stages:
- 1. Backup is created.
- 2. Backup is uploaded to a remote destination.
- 3. Backup is pending removal from the local disk.
- 4. After the backups have been created and uploaded successfully the local backup is removed.
We are aware of a few feature requests to improve this functionality in the event servers are low on storage space. Please vote for these feature requests if you have an interest:
- Prune backup failures per account instead of the whole backup
- Queue backup upload for ftp destinations
- Ability to send multiple chunks to the remote server to avoid overloading local disk
Our feature-request site is actively reviewed and curated by our development team to identify potential future build plans and to accept ideas and suggestions from our community.