What features are limited in a cPanel Solo license?
cPanel Solo licenses only allow for a single account to be created. Due to this, certain features or functionality will be unavailable for use under a Solo license as they may require the ability to manage or create multiple accounts on the server.
To check your license type, you may use the following tool. Simply enter the IP address associated with your cPanel license to view the details:
The following is a list of features or functionality that is not available in a cPanel Solo license.
- Compiler Access — This interface allows you to disable your users’ access to the C and C++ compilers on your server.
Modify an Account (formerly Change Ownership of an Account) — This interface allows you to make changes to an existing account.
Change Ownership of Multiple Accounts — This interface allows you to transfer multiple accounts to a reseller.
Email All Resellers — This interface allows you to email every cPanel reseller simultaneously.
Manage Reseller’s IP Delegation — This interface allows you to control a reseller’s access to the server’s IP addresses.
Manage Reseller’s Shared IP — This interface allows you to specify a shared IP address for a reseller.
Reset Resellers — This interface allows you to reset package permissions or apply Account Creation Limits (ACLs) to resellers.
View Reseller Usage and Manage Account Status — This interface allows you to view your resellers’ disk space and bandwidth usage.
- List Suspended Accounts — This feature lists your server’s suspended accounts and allows you to unsuspend or terminate an account.
Email All Users — This interface enables you to email every cPanel user simultaneously.
Manage Account Suspension — This feature allows you to suspend and unsuspend accounts on your server.
Show Active and Inactive Accounts — This interface displays all active and inactive hosts on your server.
Change Multiple Sites’ IP Addresses — This interface allows you to change the IP addresses of multiple accounts simultaneously.
Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts — This interface allows you to simultaneously change the attributes of multiple accounts to use the same settings.
- Convert Addon Domain to Account — This interface allows you to convert an existing addon domain into a cPanel account.
- Background Process Killer — This interface allows you to select processes that the system will terminate when the
upcpscript calls the system maintenance script (
/scripts/maintenance) every night.
Modify cPanel WHM News — This feature allows you to display custom messages in your users’ and resellers’ cPanel & WHM interfaces.
Reset a Mailman Password — This feature allows you to reset the password for your server’s Mailman mailing list software and mailing lists.
Synchronize FTP Passwords — This feature will attempt to repair FTP password issues.
Servers that use a cPanel Solo license will display a limited version of the following interfaces:
- Create a New Account — This interface allows you to create new cPanel accounts.
- If you already own at least one account, attempting to create a new account will provide the following message:
Account Creation Status: failed
Creating the account would exceed the number of licensed users.
Please upgrade your license and try again.
Tweak Settings — The Tweak Settings interface conceals the following settings:
- Display >> Number of accounts per page to display in “List Accounts”.
- Domains >> Allow cPanel users to create subdomains across accounts
- Domains >> Allow WHM users to create subdomains across accounts
Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges — The Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges interface conceals the following settings:
- Package Access
- Package Creation