Sometimes, you may need to install MailScanner to help with y our email scanning and filtration against spam.
While you can use MailScanner with cPanel, please keep in mind that it is a 3rd party plugin that is not managed or maintained by cPanel so our support will be very limited.
- Login to your server through SSH as root
- Download the installer, expand it and go into it:
wget https://download.configserver.com/msinstall.tar.gz tar -xzf msinstall.tar.gz cd msinstall/
- Follow the instructions in the provided INSTALL.txt file
- Please note that the script uses a stable version of MailScanner which might not be the very latest from the developer
- Once installed/upgraded/uninstalled make sure that both MailScanner is running correctly and that exim is sending and receiving emails:
tail -f /var/log/maillog tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog
Some more information including warnings can be located through CSF's website at https://configserver.com/free/mailscanner.html