phpMyAdmin offers a feature that allows a user to perform basic database optimization without the need for any special knowledge or skills.
Sometimes this optimization can make significant improvements to the speed of the database, and other times it may not make any difference. The result depends on the particular database.
- Log in to the cPanel account that owns the database.
- Select the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Select the database name from the sidebar on the left.
- At the bottom of the list of tables mark the checkbox next to "Check All".
- To the right of that checkbox look for the dropdown menu and select "Optimize Table".
This can also be done via phpMyAdmin in WHM at Home » SQL Services » phpMyAdmin.