How to restore an account from your server backups.
You can restore an account from WHM or the command line.
Restore an account from WHM
- Log into WHM as the 'root' user.
- Navigate to "Home » Account Functions Backup Restoration."
- Select the User for the account you wish to restore and then choose the desired date from the calendar under "Available Backup Dates." Alternatively, you can switch to the tab labeled "Restore by Date" to inverse this selection.
- Confirm the "Options" for the restore are configured as desired and block the "Add Account to Queue" button.
- Start processing the queue by clicking the "Restore" button at the bottom of the interface.
You can monitor and review the restoration process by navigating to "Home » Transfers » Review Transfers and Restores."
Restore an account from the command-line
- Login to the server via SSH as the 'root' user.
- Run the following command, replacing PATH_TO_BACKUP with the location of the account backup file (i.e., /backup/2021-01-01/accounts/user.tar.gz).
You can monitor the output for warnings/errors or review the logs in WHM from "Home » Transfers » Review Transfers and Restores."