How to restore an account from your server backups.
You can restore an account from the server in one of two ways.
You can use the WHM interface.
1. Log into WHM as 'root'.
2. Navigate to the following location: WHM: Home -> Account Functions -> Backup Restoration
3. Select the User for the account you wish to restore and then choose the desired date from the calendar of available backup dates. Alternatively, you can switch to the tab labeled Restore by Date to inverse this selection.
4. Confirm the Options for the restore are configured as desired and block the Add Account to Queue button.
5. Once you have added all desired restore tasks, you can start the queue by clicking the Restore button at the bottom of the interface.
6. You can monitor and review the restoration process by navigating to the WHM interface Home -> Transfers -> Review Transfers and Restores
Or you can use remove the account using the command-line:
1. Login to the server via SSH as 'root'.
2. Run the following command, replacing PATH_TO_BACKUP with the location of the Account backup file(ie, /backup/2021-01-01/accounts/user.tar.gz).
3. You can either monitor the output for warnings/errors or review the logs in the WHM interface Home -> Transfers -> Review Transfers and Restores