From time to time you may need to reset permalinks for a WordPress site to resolve 404 errors. This may be needed due to the following.
- A new plugin was installed.
- The WordPress installation was updated
- The .htaccess file was changed.
- A backup was restored.
- The site was migrated to a new server.
1) Log in to the WordPress dashboard.
2) Navigate to Settings > Permalinks.
3) Select a different permalinks structure setting and select "Save Changes".
4) Change back to your normal permalinks structure and select "Save Changes" again.