To renew an expired SSL certificate or buy a new SSL certificate, use the "SSL/TLS Wizard" feature in the cPanel interface. cPanel SSL certificates are issued by Sectigo Certificate Authority. The cPanel Store will email the purchaser a copy of the certificate once it issued.
To renew an expired SSL certificate or buy a new SSL Certificate, please do the following:
1. Log in to the cPanel interface account.
2. Navigate to "cPanel Home »Security » SSL/TLS Wizard".
Note: If this feature is not found, contact the hosting provider for further information on how to buy an SSL certificate.
3. Click on "Add the domains that you want to secure with this certificate." to display the domain selection.
4. Select each domain wanted to secure with an SSL certificate by click on the checkbox next to the domain.
5. Click "Continue".
6. Choose the SSL types desired to review in "SSL Validation Types".
7. Select a certificate type from the available options.
Please note: If the "Extended Validation (EV)" or "Organizational Validation (OV)" SSL certificate type is selected, the organization must be registered to receive an SSL certificate.
8. Click "Continue".
9. Any issues found will be listed in "Resolve Issues". Please review and resolve any issues found before continuing.
10. Click "Continue".
11. Review the selections to ensure they are correct.
If the "Extended Validation (EV)" or "Organizational Validation (OV)" SSL certificate type was selected, the following information will need to be entered:
- Enter the organization’s name in the "Organization Name" text box.
- Enter the mailing address of the organization in the "Street Address", "City", "State or Province", and "Postal Code" text boxes and select the "Country Code" for the organization’s country.
- Enter the organization’s representative information in the "Representative’s Given (First) Name", "Representative’s Surname (Last Name)", and "Representative’s Email Address" text boxes.
- The registration information will be verified at Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S® Number Lookup.
12. Click "Check Out (DISPLAYED AMOUNT)" to proceed to the cPanel Store. "DISPLAYED AMOUNT" will be the estimated amount due in US dollars.
13. Log in to the cPanel Store with the cPanel ID and password.
14. Confirm the shopping cart contents.
15. Confirm payment information.
16. Return to the cPanel interface.
17. Click "View Pending Certificates" to display a list of certificates that were purchased.
For more information, please review our official documentation on the SSL/TLS Wizard feature.