This article guides you on how to change the nameservers configured in /etc/resolv.conf via WHM or SSH.
- Log in to WHM as the 'root' user.
- Navigate to "Home » Networking Setup » Resolver Configuration."
- Click the "Proceed" button.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click the "Continue" button to save the changes.
- SSH into the server as the 'root' user.
- Open the /etc/resolv.conf file using your preferred command-line text editor (i.e., vi, vim, nano, etc.).
Comment out the current nameservers by adding a '#' in front of each nameserver, then add the new nameserver entries.
Please note, using public DNS servers, such as Google's 8.8.8 and 126.96.36.199, may cause RBLs, such as Spamhaus, to not function correctly.
- Save and close the file.