Skip to main content

Problem with elevate script on stage 3

Comments

6 comments

  • Andrew
    Translate

    I cant comment on the actual issue but I would personally never start an upgrade process if there were blockers detected :( and I think you would be better upgrading to Alma instead of Rocky fyi.

    Andrew N. - cPanel Plesk VMWare Certified Professional
    Do you need immediate assistance? 20 minutes response time!* Open a ticket
    EmergencySupport - Professional Server Management and One-time Services

    0
  • cPRex Jurassic Moderator

    I would also recommend trying with Alma instead.

    0
  • Unnamed User

    Hi cPRex
    How I Can revert back to stage 1 to start  upgrade with AAlma? I used Roky on various upgrade  processes, and everything worked  fine, but no on that server.

    andreThe upgrade process do not detected any blockers. I just received the confirmation to run script. No lokers are detected.

    0
  • Unnamed User

    Also on Leap log I found the follwing.

    Risk Factor: high (inhibitor)
    Title: Missing required answers in the answer file
    Summary: One or more sections in answerfile are missing user choices: remove_pam_pkcs11_module_check.confirm
    For more information consult https://leapp.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dialogs.html
    Remediation: [hint] Please register user choices with leapp answer cli command or by manually editing the answerfile.
    [command] leapp answer --section remove_pam_pkcs11_module_check.confirm=True

    If I fix that the script can be run again? How to fix that?

    For more 

    0
  • Andrew
    Translate

    From where did you get this script? is it from /scripts/cpanel-elevate or you downloaded it from git?

    Andrew N. - cPanel Plesk VMWare Certified Professional
    Do you need immediate assistance? 20 minutes response time!* Open a ticket
    EmergencySupport - Professional Server Management and One-time Services

    0
  • Unnamed User

    Hello all;

    If anyone has the same error and ends up here, I'll describe how I solved it.

    However, keep in mind that these are complex commands and uncertified processes. Execute at your own risk.

    First of all, after checking all the logs, I noticed that the problem was only with the Rocky Linux repositories. So I decided to redo the update process, but now for Alma Linux.

    So I ran the following:

    /scripts/elevate-cpanel clean


    then the new update command.

    /scripts/elevate-cpanel --start --upgrade-to=almalinux

    The update started again and went to stage 5, everything was fine.

    Now you need to log into cPanel and perform the version update. Do this through WHM or the command line using

    /scripts/upcp --force

    However, on the first update, the script disables MYSQL on the server. So we need to rehabilitate it.

    If you use MYSQL, run.

    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/whmapi1 start_background_mysql_upgrade version=8.0

    If using Maria DB, run.

    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/whmapi1 start_background_mysql_upgrade version=10.11

     

     

    Done! Server running.

    0

Please sign in to leave a comment.