There may be a time where you need to apply the server hostname SSL certificate to the cPanel services. The server hostname SSL certificate is needed for secure connections to cPanel services.
The hostname SSL certificate will be applied to the cPanel services:
Exim (SMTP) Server
Calendar, cPanel, WebDisk, Webmail, and WHM Services
Dovecot Mail Server
1. To install an SSL certificate that will be your server's hostname, and also on the WHM/cPanel services, you would use the following location:
WHM: Home -> Service Configuration -> Manage Service SSL Certificates
2. Check all boxes for all the services and click the 'Browse Certificates' button.
3. Select the hostname SSL certificate that is valid from the menu under 'root'.
4. Once selected, you will see the SSL certificate on the page. It should have 'green checkmarks'.
5. The click 'Install' button at the bottom of the page.