There may be times when you need to apply the server hostname SSL certificate to the cPanel services. The server hostname SSL certificate is needed for secure connections to cPanel services.
The hostname SSL certificate is applied to these cPanel services:
- FTP Server
- Exim (SMTP) Server
- Calendar, cPanel, WebDisk, Webmail, and WHM Services
- Dovecot Mail Server
1. To install an SSL certificate for your server's hostname, and also onto the WHM/cPanel services, use the following location:
"WHM: Home / Service Configuration / Manage Service SSL Certificates:"
2. Check all boxes for all the services, then select the 'Browse Certificates' button:
3. Select the hostname SSL certificate that is VALID from the menu under 'root'. The below example only shows a self-signed certificate. On your server, locate and use the VALID hostname SSL certificate:
4. Once selected, you will see the SSL certificate on the page with green checkmarks next to it:
5. Select the 'Install' button at the bottom of the page: