When transferring an account between servers that use the same DNS cluster, depending on the cluster configuration, both servers could push updates to the cluster, resulting in inconsistent or outdated records in the cluster. When using the Live Transfer option, only the destination server should push updates to the cluster. Because of this, it is recommended that the source server's DNS roles be set to "Standalone" before initiating the transfer.
- Log into the WHM as the 'root' user on the source server.
- Navigate to "Home / Clusters / DNS Cluster."
- Scroll down to the list of servers in the cluster.
- Change the role to "Standalone" from the "DNS Role" dropdown menu.
- Click the save icon.
- Repeat the previous two steps for each server in the list.
- Log into the WHM as the 'root' user on the destination server.
- Navigate to "Home / Transfers / Transfer Tool" to initiate the transfer.
Please note that the DNS roles should be reverted to the previous roles once all transfers have finished.