On a server that does not have a large amount of MySQL disk usage, phpMyAdmin can be used to back up all databases. This has the added benefit of offloading the database backups from the server. To back up the databases, do the following:
- Log in to WHM as the root user.
- Navigate to SQL Services >> phpMyAdmin.
- Decide on the database(s) to back up.
- Click on the individual databases to back up.
- To back up all databases select nothing.
- Click on the Export button.
- Ensure that in the Format section SQL is selected.
- Click Go.
MySQL system tables will not be backed up this way, so to back up these tables, select the mysql database in phpMyAdmin, then choose Export.
phpMyAdmin also has the ability to export in numerous other formats with many customizations. The default settings should always work to generate an uncompressed backup with the