This article is intended to help you change your Prestashop URL. This example is using PrestaShop 188.8.131.52. Your version might differ slightly.
If your Prestashop installation is still working correctly, you can use the Admin area to make this change.
1. Log in to the admin area.
2. Go to Preferences > SEO & URLs.
3. Scroll down to 'SET SHOP URL'.
4. Update the 'Shop domain' and 'SSL domain' fields.
5. Click Save
If your PrestaShop Admin area isn't reachable, you can still update the shop URL, but you will need to make some changes to the shop database. This can be done easily from phpMyAdmin in cPanel.
1. Log into cPanel and go to phpMyAdmin.
2. Select the shop database.
3. Click the dropdown menu and click 2.
4. Select the _configuration table.
5. In the 'Filter Rows' enter 'PS_SHOP_DOMAIN'.
6. Click the edit next to 'PS_SHOP_DOMAIN'.
7. Update the 'value' field to the new domain.
8. Click 'Go'.
9. Go back to the _configuration table.
10. In the 'Filter Rows' enter 'PS_SHOP_DOMAIN'.
11. Click the edit next to 'PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL'.
12. Update the 'value' field to the new domain.
13. Click 'Go'.
14. Now go to the _shop_url table.
15. Click 'Edit'.
16. Update the domain and domain_ssl fields to the new domain.
17. Click 'Go'.
18. That's it; your Prestashop URL has now been updated!