Apache with mod_deflate does not compress PHP content out of the box. To get Apache compressing PHP content, enable the zlib.output_compression setting in cPanel's MultiPHP INI Editor interface (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor). You will need to enable zlib.output_compression for each version of PHP you'd like to compress.
Articles in this section
- How to Start and Stop a CloudLinux Node.JS application on the command line
- How to enable the Application Manager in cPanel
- Adding new applications to 'Site Software' using 'cPAddon'
- Using the mcrypt extension for PHP 7.2 and above
- Add Tomcat to CageFS
- How-to troubleshoot a white page in WordPress
- Handling WordPress Brute Force Attacks
- How to install PHP extensions using PECL
- How do I set up a Python web application?
- How to run PHP commands via Terminal