This article covers how to install a WordPress site using "WP Toolkit" in cPanel.
- Log into the user's cPanel.
- Navigate to "cPanel / Domains / WP Toolkit."
- Click The "Install" button.
- Choose the options you want for the "Installation path" options.
- Enter the title of your site in the "Website title" text box.
- Select the theme you use on your site from the "Plugin/theme set" dropdown menu.
- Select the default website language from the "Website language" dropdown menu.
- Select the WordPress version you would like your site to use from the "Version" dropdown menu.
The latest WordPress version should be installed unless you need a specific feature from an older version. Older versions have known exploits that can allow an attacker to compromise your site and cPanel account.
- Set the WordPress administrator's username in the "Username" text box.
- Set the WordPress administrator's password in the "Password" text box.
- Set the WordPress administrator's contact email address in the "Email" text box.
- Click the down arrow next to "Database."
- Set the name of the WordPress database in the "Database name" text box.
- Set the database's table prefix in the "Database table prefix" text box.
- Set the database username in the "Database user name" text box.
- Set the database user's password in the "Database user password" text box.
- Click the "Install" button.