DigitalOcean utilizes your Droplet name for the PTR record and initial hostname of the server. To update your Reverse DNS, you'll have to change the name of your Droplet.
You will need to update your droplet's name in the DigialOcean control panel via these steps:
- Log in to the Digital Ocean Control Panel.
- Go to Droplets --> Select the droplet to rename.
- On the droplet detail window, select the name of your droplet.
- Go to the Settings Tab --> Change the name in the entry field and select the checkmark.
- Generally, we recommend setting this to match your server's hostname.
More information on changing your server's hostname can be found here: