Using phpMyAdmin from inside either the WHM interface or cPanel interface will display a login screen instead of the phpMyAdmin interface.
The login page can appear for phpMyAdmin when the MySQL password for either root or the cPanel account is out of sync.
To alleviate the issue, you would need to reset the password for MySQL, depending on which interface you see the login page on.
When using the WHM interface, do the following:
1. Log into WHM.
2. Navigate to the following location: "WHM / Home / SQL Services / MySQL Root Password"
3. Use the "Password Generator" button to create a new secure password.
Please note this interface will NOT change the system root password, only the MySQL root password. We strongly recommend generating a new password.
4. Copy the password somewhere safe.
5. Check the box for "I have copied this password in a safe place."
6. Click "Use Password" button
7. Then click "Change Password"
The MySQL password is now changed, and you should now be able to use WHM phpMyAdmin.
When using the cPanel interface, do the following:
1. Log into cPanel as the affected account.
2. Navigate to "cPanel / Home / Preferences / Password & Security"
This will reset the cPanel account's password. It is ok to reuse the previous password.
Also, you can use the "Password Generator" button to create a new secure password.
3. Click "Change your password now!" button
The account's password is now reset, and you should be able to use cPanel phpMyAdmin.