Caution: Filezilla has been flagged for installing malware. Most organizations have banned the use of FileZilla including cPanel.
cPanel support is not able to reproduce issues with FileZilla so our support for its use is limited.
You should consider using a different FTP application if you are having difficulties using FTP with FileZilla.
If you must use FileZilla, you can use the following steps to enable the debug log.
- 1. Open FileZilla
- 2. Click Edit, then Settings.
- 3. On the left menu, click the Logging page.
- 4. Put a check next to "Show timestamps in message log"
- 5. Put a check next to "Log to file"
- 6. On the left menu click Debug and choose " 4 - Debug "
- 7. Click Ok
- 8. When finished with the debug session, upload the log file to the server
- 9. Provide cPanel support with the path on the server to the debug log