This step by step guide will walk you through creating an API Token with root access. Procede with caution and only provide this token to trusted interfaces. Treat it with the same security you would your server's root password.
1. Log into WHM as the root user
2. Navigate to the WHM >> Manage API Tokens interface
3. Click the blue "Generate Token" button
4. Type in a name for your API token
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and enable the "Everything - All Features" checkbox (this enables root-level access for the API token)
6. Click "Save"
You have now created a root-level API token.