This is a step by step guide for creating a root API token through the WHM interface.
1. Log into WHM as the root user
2. Navigate to the WHM >> Manage API Tokens interface
3. Click the blue "Generate Token" button
4. Type in a name for your API token
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and enable the "Everything - All Features" checkbox (this enables root-level access for the API token)
6. Click "Save"
You have now created a root-level API token.
For more information about this interface, you can reference our documentation page here: