This article provides the steps needed to install the Sodium Cryptographic Library (libsodium) and PHP Extension on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
- Access the server's command line as the 'root' user via SSH or "Terminal" in WHM.
- Install the Sodium library and companion development package with the following command:
apt install libsodium-dev libsodium23
- Login to WHM as the 'root' user.
- Navigate to "Home / Software / EasyApache 4."
- In the "Currently Installed Packages" section, click the "Customize" button.
- Click the "PHP Extensions" link in the left sidebar.
- Enter "libsodium" into the search box.
- Toggle the libsodium extension for each desired version of PHP.
- Click the "Review" link in the left sidebar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Provision" button.