The BACKUPMOUNT option is used when you have a disk or partition for backups that needs to be mounted and dismounted every time backups are run.
If you do not have a separate disk or partition for backups that needs to be mounted but you have this option enabled, you may see the following error in the backup log:
*********** ERROR ***********
You have enabled BACKUPMOUNT in the /var/cpanel/backups/config file,
but there is no mount point that matches /backup in the /etc/fstab file.
If it is the case that you do not have a separate disk or partition that needs to be mounted for backups, use the following procedure to disable the BACKUPMOUNT option to resolve the above error.
1. Login to WHM as the root user
2. Navigate to: Home »Backup »Backup Configuration
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page
4. Uncheck "Mount Backup Drive as Needed"
5. Click the blue "Save Configuration" button