Warning: Data transmitted using FTP is vulnerable to brute force attacks, spoofing, and sniffing. Removing the protocol from the product provides a more secure default cPanel & WHM setup and allows further server customization. Due to this, FTP is disabled by default in version 11.86 and greater.
For more information about this and possible alternatives, please refer to the article below.
Are you missing the ability to add FTP users to a cPanel account or want to activate FTP services for all of your users? Below details the steps to enable FTP Access for the server and how to add users to a cPanel account.
Enabling FTP in WHM (for this document we will use Pure-FTPd
- WHM >> Service Configuration >> FTP Server Selection >> Either select Pure-FTPd or ProFTPd
Enable FTP user creation and controls for users
- WHM >> Packages >> Feature Manager (You will need to do this for any feature lists you make)
- Put a check in the boxes for FTP Account Manager and FTP Settings
- WHM >> Packages >> Edit a Package (You will need to do this for any additional packages that you make )
- Set the Max FTP accounts to a number you are comfortable with or set to unlimited.
Add FTP user to cPanel account
- cPanel >> Files >> FTP Accounts
For more information about the FTP Accounts Tool, please refer to the following document.