cPanel sends automated messages to the administrator of a cPanel account. These messages can be mission-critical, so it's important to have this mailbox configured to an address that's checked regularly.
- Log into WHM
- Navigate to "List Accounts"
- Find the account you'd like to update
- Click the "+" button on the far left of the account entry
- Enter a new email address in the "Change Contact Email" field
- Click "Change"
- Log into cPanel
- Scroll to the "Preferences" section and select "Contact Information"
- Enter your desired email address in the "Enter an email address to receive account notifications and password reset confirmations" field
- Click "Save"
From the Command Line
If you only want to change the email address, you can use the following API call to make this change. Replace
username with the cPanel account username and firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address.
cpapi2 --user=username CustInfo savecontactinfo email@example.com
For additional options, please review our cpapi2 Save Contact Info documentation.