When utilizing WP Toolkit, a user can observe that the PHP version and custom settings are not applied in the WordPress wp-admin panel.
WP Toolkit Deluxe includes access to additional security features in the "Security Check" pop-up link:
- Restrict access to files and directories
- Block directory browsing
- Block unauthorized access to wp-config.php
- Disable PHP execution in cache directories
- Block access to sensitive files
- Forbid execution of PHP scripts in the wp-includes directory
- Forbid execution of PHP scripts in the wp-content/uploads directory(
- Disable scripts concatenation for WordPress admin panel
- Enable hotlink protection
- Enable bot protection
- Block access to .htaccess and .htpasswd
- Block access to potentially sensitive files
Sometimes these options can interfere with operations performed in the wp-admin panel. For example, the WordPress tool called "site health" can display inconsistencies if the WP Toolkit security option "Disable scripts concatenation for WordPress admin panel" is enabled.
Review the WP Toolkit "Security Check" options for the installed site experiencing the issue. Uncheck "Disable scripts concatenation for WordPress admin panel" to restore script functionality in the WordPress admin panel.