You may want or need to create a user with WHM access that is not associated with a cPanel account or domain name in certain situations.
1. Connect to the server via SSH or WHM >> Terminal as root.
2. Run the following command to create a new user: (Replace $USER with the desired username.)
3. Set a password for the user by running the following command: (Replace $USER with the selected username.)
4. Run the following command to set the user's home directory permissions: (Replace $USER with the selected username.)
chmod -v 0711 /home/$USER
5. Add a new entry for the user in
/var/cpanel/resellers by running the following command: (Replace $USER with the selected username.)
echo "$USER:" >> /var/cpanel/resellers
6. If the file
/var/cpanel/users/$USER exists, open the file using your preferred command-line text editor (See: How to edit a file on command-line) and remove the following line:
7. Log into WHM as root and navigate to WHM >> Resellers >> Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges.
8. Select the new user and click submit.
9. Select the desired permissions for the new user.
10. Click Save, then ensure you can log into WHM as the new user.
Please see our Documentation for more information on this procedure: