You may need to set a specific PHP handler for a particular version of PHP or multiple versions of PHP in certain circumstances.
Method 1: WHM
1. Log into WHM.
2. Navigate to MultiPHP Manager.
3. Click the PHP Handlers tab.
4. Click Edit under the Actions column for the PHP version you want to change the PHP handler for and select the desired PHP handler.
5. Click Apply to save your changes.
Method 2: The rebuild_phpconf script
1. Connect to your server via SSH as the root user.
2. Run the following script where PHPVersion is the PHP version you want to change the PHP handler for, and Handler is the desired PHP Handler:
For example, to change the PHP Handler for PHP 7.4 (ea-php74) to suPHP:
To see which PHP Handler is set for each PHP version that is installed on the server, you may run the script with the --current option.
# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --current
DEFAULT PHP: ea-php72
ea-php54 SAPI: cgi
ea-php55 SAPI: cgi
ea-php56 SAPI: cgi
ea-php70 SAPI: cgi
ea-php71 SAPI: none
ea-php72 SAPI: cgi
ea-php73 SAPI: cgi
ea-php74 SAPI: suphp