If backups are enabled in WHM >> Backup Configuration, you may follow the procedure below to backup MySQL databases when backups run.
1. Log into WHM.
2. Navigate to Backup Configuration.
3. In the Databases section, under Back up SQL Databases, select one of the following options:
- Per Account Only: This option will back up databases on each cPanel account using mysqldump.
- Entire MySQL Directory: This option will back up all databases on the server from the /var/lib/mysql/ directory.
- Per Account and Entire MySQL Directory: This option will copy all databases for each cPanel account and all databases on the server from the /var/lib/mysql/ directory.
Please exercise caution when selecting the Entire MySQL Directory or Per Account and Entire MySQL Directory options. These options will back up databases without stopping the MySQL service, which can lead to InnoDB issues in the backup file. The system can not restore backup files with InnoDB issues.
5. Click Save Configuration.