The use of private/custom nameservers is fully supported on cPanel & WHM systems, but must first be set up with your domain registrar. The following are the instructions for setting this up with OpenSRS.
To register with OpenSRS, perform the following steps:
- Log into the Reseller Control Panel
- Find the domain you'd like to modify in the domain list and click it
- In the "Use As Name Servers" section, click "Edit"
- Enter the name (for example:
ns1) for your ﬁrst nameserver.
- Enter the nameserverʼs IP address.
- Click "+"
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 to add your second nameserver.
OpenSRS has a guide in their own documentation that will be up to date if any changes are made to this procedure: