The use of private/custom nameservers is fully supported on cPanel & WHM systems, but must first be set up with your domain registrar. The following are the instructions for setting this up with Dotster
To register with Dotster, perform the following steps:
1. Click on My Domains at the top of the Account Management interface.
2. Click the domain for which you wish to register your nameservers.
3. Click Register Nameserver.
4. Enter the hostname (for example:
ns1.example.com) for your ﬁrst nameserver.
5. Enter the IP address for this nameserver in the four text boxes that are provided. You will need to enter each octet of your IP address in its respective text box.
6. Click Update.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for your second nameserver.
More information is in our documentation here: