SpamAssassin runs and puts "SPAM" in the subject line of messages, but they are still getting sent to my mailing lists. How do tell mailman to discard those messages?
- Log into the manage interface for the mailing list
- navigate to Privacy Options » Spam Filters
- The first box is "Filter rules to match against the headers of a message."
- In the text box, enter: ^Subject:.*SPAM.*
- Select "discard" from the button below
- Save at the bottom of the page. If you were successful, you will see the rule entered. If the rule was not recognized, the box will remain blank after submitting.
You may also wish to change the option "Should messages from non-members, which are automatically discarded, be forwarded to the list moderator?" to No. You can find that option under Privacy Options » Sender Filters.