How can you change where additional accounts are created on the server?
To configure additional home directories, navigate to WHM.
From WHM, navigate to Basic WebHost Manager Setup.
From this page, use the search bar to filter for "home"
This will leave you with two options:
- Enter the location where you wish for new users’ home directories to be created.
- By default, all directories matching the "Home Directory Prefix" are checked for available disk space and the directory with the most free space will be used.
- This is the setting to adjust the default directory
- Additional home directories matching the following value will also be used for new home directory creations.
- This is the setting to adjust the directory pattern
- If you use more than one directory to store cPanel accounts, the directory with the most free space automatically stores new accounts.
You can view further details on this setting as well as other settings located at WHM » Basic WebHost Manager® Setup here: