You may find that port 25 is blocked on Some Godaddy servers which prevents you from being able to send outbound email from Webmail on cPanel, or your email client when it is connected to your cPanel server. This guide explains how you may configure GoDaddy's email relay to be used as the server's SmartHost, which means that all of the mail processed by Exim on your cPanel server will be sent to the GoDaddy relay server.
- First contact GoDaddy support to find out what the correct Email relay domain is for your server. This is different depending on what kind of account you have at GoDaddy.
- Login to WHM as the root user
- Navigate to: WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> Basic Editor
- Click the Mail tab
- Find the option labeled "Smarthost support"
- Enter an astrisk character, followed by the relay server that GoDaddy provided to you. Here is an example:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue Save button