This article covers how to change the Exim log location from the default of /var/log to a custom directory.
Note: In this example, we will use /home/exim_logs/ to store the Exim logs. You will need to adjust the commands and settings below to match your chosen directory.
1) Access the command line via SSH or WHM Terminal.
2) Create the directory to contain the logs if it does not already exist.
3) Move the existing Exim logs to the new directory.
mv /var/log/exim_* /home/exim_logs/
4) Navigate to the following location in WHM.
Home » Service Configuration » Exim Configuration Manager
5) Select the "Advanced Editor" tab.
6) Scroll down and click the "Add additional configuration setting" button and add the following setting.
log_file_path = /home/exim_logs/exim_%slog
7) Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Save" button.