The use of private/custom nameservers is fully supported on cPanel & WHM systems, but must first be set up with your domain registrar. The following are the instructions for setting this up with Register.com.
To register with Register.com , perform the following steps:
- Click on your domain name.
- Click the Advanced Technical Settings link.
- Click Manage Registered Name Servers.
- Scroll down to REGISTER NAME SERVER.
- Enter the desired preﬁx for the first nameserver (for example:
- Enter the IP Address (A Record) in the next text box.
- Click Continue.
- Repeat this process for your second nameserver
More information is in our documentation here: