The use of private/custom nameservers is fully supported on cPanel & WHM systems, but must first be set up with your domain registrar. The following are the instructions for setting this up with Register.com.
To register with Register.com, perform the following steps:
- Click on your domain name.
- Click the "Advanced Technical Settings" link.
- Click "Manage Registered Name Servers."
- Scroll down to "REGISTER NAME SERVER."
- Enter the desired preﬁx for the first nameserver (for example:
- Enter the IP Address (A Record) in the next text box.
- Click Continue.
- Repeat this process for your second nameserver
How to set up nameservers with Domain Name Registrars