You may use the following procedure to ensure that newly created accounts and domains get a basic DMARC record by default.
- Login to WHM as the root user
- Navigate to: "Home » DNS Functions » Edit Zone Templates"
- Click on the "Standard" template
- Review the following example DMARC record, customize it to your needs, and then add it to the bottom of the template:
_dmarc IN TXT v=DMARC1\;p=quarantine\;sp=none\;adkim=r\;aspf=r\;pct=100\;fo=0\;rf=afrf\;ri=86400\;rua=mailto:dmarc\@%domain%\;ruf=mailto:dmarc\@%domain%
- Click the blue "Save" button
Whenever you create a new account or domain, it will have the above DMARC record added to it.
In order to receive DMARC aggregate and error reports, the domain owner must create an email account that matches the rua and ruf options included in the DMARC record that you just added to the template in step 4 above.
The basic DMARC record in the above example has the following settings:
- Policy: Quarantine
- Subdomain Policy: None
- DKIM Mode: Relaxed
- Percentage: 100
- Generate Failures When: All checks fail
- Report Format: AFRF
- Report Interval: 86400
- Send Aggregate Mail Reports To: email@example.com
- Send Failure Reports To: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn more about building a custom DMARC record here if you need more fine tuned settings: