Below is how you will be able to create a wildcard subdomain.
- Log into the cPanel for the account on which to place the wildcard subdomain.
- Open the "Domains" interface in the "Domains" section of cPanel.
- Click the "Create A New Domain" button.
- In the "Domain" text box, type the full wildcard subdomain name (i.e., *.domain.tld).
- In the "Document Root (File System Location)" text box, enter the path to the folder where the wildcard subdomain's files should be placed.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Click the "Tools" icon to return to the main cPanel page.
- Open the "Zone Editor" interface in the "Domains" section of cPanel.
- Click the "Manage" button to the right of the wildcard subdomain's root domain (i.e., domain.tld).
- Verify that the A record for the wildcard subdomain exists and points to the correct IP address.
Please note that the "Zone Editor (AAAA, CAA, DMARC, SRV, TXT)" feature must be enabled for the cPanel account to view the wildcard subdomain's A record. The following article provides the steps needed to enable this feature if it has not already been enabled.
- Please note that if the cPanel server doesn't manage the root domain's DNS, the wildcard subdomains' A record will have to be manually added to the DNS zone on the server that manages the root domain's DNS.